Tuesday, April 13, 2010

An introduction

If you know me, you know I like sports. Correction: you know I LOVE sports. Sports have been my passion since I can remember. Apparently for a time when I was 2, I thought my name was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I learned to read in part by scanning the LA Times sports page every day since I was 3 or 4. My childhood memories often center around going to Dodger, Laker, Clipper(Ugh), SC, UCLA, Angel, Spark, or King games. I even studied sport in undergrad and grad school. I guess you can say I'm obsessed.

With that said, this won't be a sport blog. I'll definitely talk about sports regularly, but mostly from a historical or sociological perspective. Instead, I'll use this space to talk about other issues that interest me. Politics, race (warning: this will be discussed alot), pop culture, media. Anything and everything is fair game. Whatever the topic, hopefully I can spark discussion and debate, and ultimately help my readers, as well as myself, learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment